Wednesday, June 22, 2011

day 13: dead dogs make me sad

title says it all. yesterday, a bunch of mis amigos were chilling at a bodega after classes and meetings when they watched a dog get run over by a car. apparently, it got up, walked over to them, and lay down under their table. a man at another table walks over, picks the dog up by its legs and drops it off to the side of the road. another man walks over and pets it until it dies.

i feel like i've written this before.
in any case... super sad. i'm really glad i wasn't there cause i would have been a mess, especially considering how easily i cry and i'm a sympathy cryer so i'd have just been incredibly sad.

how easily do i cry? well, today i was ignored by my tech trainers, who were running a session, about 9 times. literally, i would put my hand up, they would point to every other person around me and then go on to the next question. at first i thought, maybe they can't see me? except i would be acknowledged, as in they would hold out one hand and do that thing where they point at you and you know you're speaking next, except then they would stop to elaborate on a point that someone made, totally forget about me and move on. tech trainers behind me were even like, "what? but wait, sue didn't go" and then just look at me apologetically, to which i would respond with a shrug.

i felt like i was going to burst into tears. not because i was sad, to be honest, but mostly because i was tired of being ignored and i know bursting into tears gets me attention. how ridiculous is that? i am so ridiculous. and today, i threw a mini tantrum because we went to chosica for class and i had eaten a quick breakfast of a glass of yogurt because i didn't want to be late (teachers had stressed that we had to be punctual). once we got there, we were sent on these little missions, left and right, to find information and the winners would get like chocolate or something silly. first of all, my group should have won. seriously. i could go into the reasoning behind it, but that would be a waste of your time and mine. let's just say, i'm extremely competitive and we should have won >:P lol~

but anyway, i was STARVING by the end of it. and we were reviewing the information we had gathered, and i just felt like so much of it was unnecessary. like why ask 4 different groups the exact same question??? wouldn't it be better to give the answer and then discuss what difference we had found? it was just so inefficient... i am not a fan of inefficiency... anyway, it was taking forever, i was really annoyed by how redundant everything was and how much time was being wasted, and i was mad hangry. they asked me a question, and my brain felt like it stopped. i couldn't think anymore, i was getting a terrible headache, my stomach had growled nonstop for nearly an hour, and i just wanted to walk away and go get the food located literally less than 10 minutes from me. ugh. i'm the worst. so anyway, questions kept being asked until finally i was like, "no puedo pensar mas. lo siento." and sat there until we were done. it freakin hurt to move and my usual reaction to hunger is to sleep, until food was around me so i was exhausted on top of all of this. FINALLY it was all over and we got food, which i demolished. i also finished part of another amiga's plate.

yea, sometimes, i can be pretty awful. i'm gonna have to stop being a brat one day : /

ahora, i have to finish this and go to SLEEP! running at 5:30am is gonna be tiring, but we're visiting a school tomorrow! and i want to be ready to observe and play!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you're a brat! And I know the tantrum/hunger feeling-- I was about to cry the other day at your house because I was so hungry. I was just like, "WHY CAN'T I GET SUFFICIENT CALORIES TO SUSTAIN MY BASIC NEEDS FOR OVER AN HOUR?!?!?!"

    Anyways...you're not alone, amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha, thanks amanda <3 seriously, i can't figure out how much food to eat because some days i'm starved after a meal, and other days that meal can last me until FOREVER. weeiiirrdd.

    ReplyDelete