Friday, October 15, 2010

dream, easy interp: i'm freaking out.

had a dream last night, saw a bunch of people i knew from college. we were all floating on those inflated circle tube things and i think we were at some sort of amusement park. everyone was chatting and having fun, and suddenly the waves got really murky/sandy and i notice that the flow has increased and the waves have increased in both size and frequency.

i'm starting to flail around because i'm separating from the group, and as i'm trying but failing to swim closer to the others, everyone else just starts to notice the change in water, when suddenly BOOM! a giant wave and the water level sinks, no, crashes and drains away, like flushing a toilet. suddenly the land is dry, everyone is in disarray and there's a difference in the landscape. rather than the flat sand with the shallow water, there's a deep chasm and everyone i know is in the hole below and i'm stuck on the top ledge.

i'm frightened by the difference and being so away from everyone else, being separated from the group, and so i scramble down but the way down is littered with people climbing to get where i was and even though i'm trying to get down carefully, calling ahead and asking people to move out of the way, as i'm climbing down, two hands grab my legs and i freak- i'm going to fall. so i start shouting at them to let go! let go! let go! and now i'm being pulled down. when just as suddenly

i'm free. the hands let go, and i can feel support under me as some people gently help me down. they tell me two kids were grabbing me and as i look out, i can see them scampering away into the crowd again.

the support came from the parents of some people who i didn't see there, but know. as they're walking down with me, they're asking me all these questions about what i'm doing, where i'm going, if i have plans for my future, how my family is doing, etc.

and these questions frighten me more than the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment