Saturday, August 6, 2011

day 56: La Libertastic

so remember when i mentioned that i wanted to be in ancash? that i wanted to be in a very green, fairly rainy, mountainous, sierra, quechua speaking, tiny community?

well, turns out i'm going to be in san pedro de lloc in la libertad. a desert, little to no rain, coastal, fairly large (17,000 people) community.

needless to say, i'm crazy cakes excited. and honestly, i am. i think given my personality, no matter what i wanted or didn't want, this is the community that will eventually work out best for me. also, i probably won't sit around complaining about having to live close to the beach, with access to internet and running water... heh.

i leave this sunday night to go see my site, the regional capital, my socios (ppl i will be working with), and my family. since i went to ancash during field based training, and my area is kind of the exact opposite of most of the volunteer sites i went to, next week is definitely going to be interesting. i plan on jotting down a few things so that i don't forget when i return. especially since i'm really good at forgetting things.

besides that part, here's a shoutout to Eloise Cucui who wrote me my very first snail mail letter in perĂº! i freakin love you, vampy <3

if you would like to join her ranks of awesome, write to me! my address is over that away -->

it's going to be changing soon, now that i will soon be a legit volunteer and not a trainee~ but until then, please send me letters! or packages of love. candy (RED VINES or SWEDISH FISH strongly encourage), hot sauce (SRIRACHA especially encouraged), or love itself (PHOTOGRAPHS of your face or DRAWINGS or LETTERS) are awaited~

chau chicos

No comments:

Post a Comment