Thursday, May 8, 2014

week 1 of maintenance is almost over and i've re-gained NOTHING! SUCCESS!!

A quick summary:
3 days pre-fast diet of fruits, veggies, fish, tofu, no seasonings or anything else
2 weeks of juice fast of only that detox fermented juice, diluted in water
2 weeks of post juice fast diet of fruits, veggies, fish, tofu, no seasonings or anything else

Last Sunday, I started reintroducing new things back into my diet. The foods I've put back into my body, with zero change in the scales are: cottage cheese, greek yogurt, baked korean sweet potatoes, and egg whites. These are all things I used to eat all the time (protein dense stuff that keeps me full and staves off hunger with an axe) and I'm crazy happy to have them back in my diet! Even more than that, I was really concerned because one night I was super hungry after working out (I just joined LA Fitness for the next 3 months, which I'm hoping will become a habit to go to every day!) and decided "ok, this is the night I introduce eggs back into my diet." So I went and boiled a whole bunch, and ate 4 egg whites before bed.

The next morning, I was up almost a pound and I thought... damn it! I can't eat egg whites?? That SUCKS. Except I had some more that day because... I like eggs. The next morning, I weighed myself and discovered that my weight had gone back to its lowest like nbd. I realized that eating right before bed does some funky stuff with my body's water retention. Once I figured that out, I realized that I really need to eat my last meal like at least 3-4 hours before I sleep and let my body process it all. So that's what I've been doing!

Now that it's summer time, though, this food thing is starting to get hard. My internship has been celebrating nurse week and has had some great food for cinco de mayo and today there was an outdoor grill with burgers and hot dogs and baked beans and this and that and I just wanted to shove everything in my mouth. I could smell the hot dogs grilling and feel drool pooling out of my mouth like a cartoon. Ridiculous. STILL I resisted, ate a slice of watermelon, grabbed another salad with some cottage cheese and walked away.

Except later I went to Costco and bought so many different fruits and veggies and protein sources like more greek yogurt and cottage cheese and string cheese and tilapia and eggs and I'm so excited to eat everything. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try my very first grains! I bought a giant bag of red and white quinoa at Costco that I'm really hoping my body loves and doesn't freak out and reject. Because I love quinoa. Please love me back, quinoa.

I also bought an oversized bag of almonds that I'm slowly going to munch on during snack time cause the massive amounts of cookies, kettle corn popcorn, bagel chips, and chocolates at the office are major temptations. So grains and nuts are coming back into play by the weekend!

Next week, I'm going to try popcorn, coconut and olive oil, and rice. The following week will be chocolate, alcohol, and oatmeal. The week after is hot sauce, sriracha, and bread. Then I will finally reach poultry, beef, and pork! I think I might throw in coffee and tea somewhere in there, but I want to keep as much salt and caffeine out of my system for as long as possible. These are all things I'm hoping to try again, but chances are I'll mix it up as things come. Plus, I'm probably going to add korean food in there sooner than later (like kimchi... man, I want some kimchi) but I'll play it all by ear.

I'm no longer going to the acupuncture place like every other day. Now, since it's maintenance, I only go once a week for just a few minutes. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen during this time, I think the acupuncturist wants to measure my weight, % body fat and muscle, and make sure I'm not regaining everything I've lost. I think he also plans on doing some acupuncture on my ears? From what I've heard, it's supposed to help me control my cravings for not so good for me food... but to be honest, I don't hold much faith in that. We'll see when the time comes, but I want a steak covered in bacon with a side of mashed buttery, roasted garlicy potatoes and cheesey bread with red wine or a beer. Followed by a cheesecake covered in coffee ice cream. That would be true happiness on a plate. I don't think some needles in my ear lobes are going to stop me from wanting that, but I do think I've proven my will power to be super strong so I'm not going to eat shity food, but that's because I won't allow myself.

Deny, deny, deny. I'm pretty sure something about that isn't healthy, mentally, but ah well... it's happening! Plus, once I figure out my gym going rhythm, I'm not going to want to do anything to mess up the work I've been putting in so it'll get easier. Right now, the gym is a disgusting festering mass of human bodies at 6pm. I hate working out when there are people around, so I'm going to try to get in the habit of either working out directly after my short days (when I generally finish around 1 or so, which I'm hoping is such an odd hour that no one will be at the gym) and at like 5am on my usual 9 to 5 days (I've never been to the gym that early, so we'll see if it's populated like post-zombie apocalypse or a community ready to pass around the bubonic plague... aka super empty or cramp packed).

Then again, I just tried a cycle class and really liked it. But I'm happy to cycle on my own too! I'm just tired of giant gym dudes hogging all the squat racks and bench presses :c Plus, I'm sorry but I can't lift like 300lbs off the ground so when you're done, could you take those giant weights off instead of making me do it? Rude.

We'll see how things go! None of my pants fit anymore, except a pair I stole from my mom and a pair of pants I bought upon returning to the U.S... black skinny jeans that currently fit like regular pants, but at least they stay up! My other formal pants, I have to donate (there is no saving them) and my jeans? I can slip them on and off without undoing the zipper or button. Ridic.

Shopping fun.

Ok, bed time now. Tomorrow, I start the morning with some eggs and quinoa, maybe throw in some cilantro and cheese? Mmmm... I love food.

CHAUFA!

No comments:

Post a Comment